Educational Resource Specialist for Grades K-5
An opportunity exists for an Educational Resource Specialist for Grades K-5 to serve the needs of The Franciscan School beginning in the 2015-2016 school year. The Franciscan School (TFS) is a vital educational ministry of the Catholic Community of St. Francis of Assisi Parish in Raleigh, North Carolina. The K-8 school, established in 2000, is rooted in the Franciscan tradition. TFS provides a lifelong learning environment embracing the Gospel values of the Roman Catholic faith to approximately 700 students.
The Educational Resource Specialist provides instructional and administrative support for students at the Franciscan School with identified special needs. The position is a teaching position and is a 10 month position within the school.
The Educational Resource Specialist will:
- Work with students who have identified special needs to provide individualized instruction for reading, writing, and math as needed
- Teach students to chunk assignments and projects
- Review instruction and information regarding assignments
- Teach and maintains student organizational systems and agendas
- Reformat tests or assignments as needed
- Develop individualized math, reading, and writing strategies with students
- Develop individualized student contracts and provides support for teachers to implement them
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and students to support the needs of each child
- Conduct information observations and assessments and provides reports and communications for each
- Interpret and analyze psycho-educational assessments to develop specific educational plans and accommodations for individual students
- Provide professional development regarding best practices for students with special needs for teachers
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or Special Education
- Hold or be able to obtain a North Carolina Teaching License
- Familiar with or proficient with the Orton Gillingham based phonics methodology
- Experience with the curriculum assistance process
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume toTFSResume@StFrancisRaleigh.org no later than June 19, 2015.
Bridges After School Proram
The Franciscan School, a ministry of the Catholic Community of St. Francis of Assisi, is seeking candidates to work in the Bridges After School Program. Candidates must have a strong desire to work with children, be at least 18 years old, and pass a background check. Bridges staff are needed within the program hours of Monday-Friday from 1:30 - 6:00 PM. If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to Joey Bradshaw (firstname.lastname@example.org), Head of Bridges.