Applying to TFS
Currently accepting applications for the 2017-18 school year and the 2018-19 school year. Ready to apply? Click below.
Thank you for your interest in The Franciscan School. Following are simple steps to assist you in the application process.
- Create an account by utilizing one of the following
- Apply Now button found on the TFS website front page
- Apply Now button found above
- Complete the application and select the appropriate academic year
- Upload supporting documentation to include items listed below:
- Recent photo of applicant – head shot preferred; smartphone photo is accepted
- Copy of state issued birth certificate
- Copy of baptismal certificate if Catholic and not baptized at St. Francis
- Copy of most recent grades for applicants entering grades one through eight
- Copy of standardized test results if available
- Request teacher recommendations from the application site
- 1 teacher recommendation is required for Kindergarten applicants
- 2 teacher recommendations are required for grades one through five applicants
- 2 teacher recommendations are required for grades six through eight applicants, one of which must be from the applicant’s current math teacher
Once you have completed all components in the application, you will need to pay a $52 application fee online and submit the application.
Please note that applications will not be reviewed by the TFS Admissions Committee until all of the above components to the application are received by the Admissions Department.
If you have questions on the admissions process, please contact Lura Tysiac, Coordinator of Marketing and Admissions, via e-mail at email@example.com or via phone at 919.534.4837 extension 469.
Entrance Age: Children entering Kindergarten are to be five years of age on or before August 31st for enrollment in the current academic year. Children entering the first Grade are to be six years of age on or before the same date.
Application: A $52.00 non-refundable application fee is to accompany the completed application.
Teacher Recommendations: Teacher recommendation forms are included with the application portfolio and are available online. Applicants for sixth, seventh or eighth grade, must have two teacher recommendations: one of which must be completed by the student’s current Math teacher, with the other from any of the student’s current or previous teachers, including a homeroom teacher. Applicants for first through fifth grades must have two recommendations, with at least one from a current teacher. For applicants for Kindergarten who are enrolled in a pre-school, we would like to have at least one teacher recommendation.
Order of Admission: Admission will be determined according to the following priority when a wait list exists for a particular grade.
|–||Siblings of currently enrolled students and alumni of TFS|
|–||Children of full time St. Francis of Assisi or TFS staff members|
|–||Previously enrolled student at TFS|
|–||Registered Catholic parishioners of the Catholic Community of St. Francis, with consideration given to the Stewardship Covenant|
|–||Registered Catholic parishioners of the St. Luke’s Parish|
|–||Registered Catholic parishioners of other parishes|
A student’s admission is conditional upon the satisfactory completion of the year in progress. Admission is based on the match of the student’s needs, abilities and achievement to the programs offered by the school. Criteria used to determine this match are transcripts, teacher recommendations, parent form, interview (when possible) and other application and registration information.
Notification of Admission: Based upon satisfactory completion of the application process, review of a student’s application and strength of credentials, and space availability, a student will be extended an offer of admission with a letter of admission, tuition agreement, and enrollment packet.
Enrollment: The enrollment and tuition agreement must be completed and returned to The Franciscan School office within 10 business days.
Financial aid on the basis of clearly demonstrated need is available. Click here for additional information on Financial Aid.
Inquiries: Lura Tysiac, Admissions
Phone: 919.534.4837 x469