During Catholic Schools Week, the 6th grade had an opportunity to put the theme of “Learn, Serve, Lead, Succeed” into practice. The service opportunity for the 6th grade was to make paracord bracelets for Operation Gratitude, an organization that sends Care Packages to those that serve our country. The 6th grade teachers enjoyed watching the students become the teachers as various students stepped up to help their classmates assemble the bracelets. After assembling over 100 paracord bracelets the 6th grade then participated in a variety of team building and leadership activities. One of the tasks students were asked to complete was to create the tallest structure possible using marshmallows and toothpicks in only 10 minutes which gave students a chance to put their teamwork and creativity to the test. In all of the activities throughout the afternoon, students learned the value of working together in order to reach a common goal. Not only did everyone enjoy the activities, but the values developed that afternoon can only help to guide our students to their continued success!
- Frisbee Club @ Home vs Carolina Friends School December 17, 2018
- Early Release for Christmas Break December 19, 2018
- Christmas Break December 20, 2018 – January 2, 2019
- School Resumes January 3, 2019
- All Community Mass prepared by 4th grade 9:00am in Church January 9, 2019
- HSA Uniform Sale January 12, 2019 at 9:00 am – 11:00 am "Jacoba"
- Daily Mass in Chapel prepared by 2nd grade January 16, 2019
- HSA General Meeting January 16, 2019 at 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm "Jacoba"