Our Hiring Process
The Franciscan School is part of the Education Ministry of the Catholic Community of St. Francis of Assisi Parish in Raleigh, North Carolina. The K – 8th grade school was established in 2000 and is rooted in the Franciscan tradition. The Franciscan School provides a learning environment that embraces the Gospel values of the Roman Catholic faith.
Successful applicants would be responsible for working together with the entire faculty and the administrative team to provide a safe and academically challenging environment - one that builds upon the charism of the Catholic Church, and our Franciscan traditions, to form our students as fine young men and women prepared for their future academically, socially, and morally.
Candidates must pass a background check and have NC teaching licensure or be able to obtain NC teaching licensure. Preferred candidates will have teaching experience in education and a record of excellence.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic educational environment working with dedicated professionals to provide an academically challenging experience for our students, please send a cover letter that includes your educational philosophy and the position in which you have interest, and your resume with three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spanish Teacher – Grades 5 & 6 (Full-time)
We are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate educator to teach Spanish to students in grades 5 & 6. This person will:
· design a creative learning environment which incorporates technology to engage and challenge the students
· instruct students in all grade appropriate aspects of the Spanish language, demonstrating the ability to use innovation and vision to implement the goals and requirements of the Diocesan Language curriculum in lesson plans
· serve as an advisor to a small group of Middle School students, providing a safe place for them to strengthen academic and social-emotional competencies
· work in collaboration with department and grade level teams to tie together lessons and have them build upon each other year after year, using established best practices and methods for instruction
· working collaboratively with the entire faculty and the administrative team to provide a safe and academically challenging environment for all students
Successful candidates will have a bachelor’s degree and a NC teaching license, or the credentials to obtain a NC teaching license. Preferred qualifications include: prior experience teaching Spanish in Elementary or Middle School, and experience in utilizing a variety of classroom technologies to create engaging lesson plans.
If you are interested applying for this position, please send a cover letter, that includes your educational philosophy, and resume to: email@example.com.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and compassionate individual to serve as our Coordination of Justice and Peace. This person will provide skilled coordination and support in the areas of youth and adult Justice and Peace faith formation, service, and advocacy, as well as support designated outreach ministries within the greater Raleigh area. The Coordinator collaborates with the Justice and Peace Director and ministry leaders upholding the parish’s longstanding commitment to social outreach ministry, advocacy for human dignity, forming consciences for faithful citizenship, and solidarity with those most vulnerable.
The successful applicant will be an active, fully initiated, practicing Catholic dedicated to collaborative ministry and the advancement of the vision of the Church as promoted by the Second Vatican Council. Successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with strong relational, communication, organizational, and leadership skills. Preferred applicants would have a background in charitable service and mission work, pastoral ministry, volunteer development, event planning, with a deep understanding of Catholic Social Teaching. Applicants should submit a résumé with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Director, in collaboration with the Director of High School and Young Adult Formation, holds the vision for a comprehensive catechetical formation program serving pre-school through adult parishioners. This includes sacramental preparation for the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, First Eucharist, and First Reconciliation. The Director supervises the formation team in support of this effort. The Director also oversees the year-round RCIA process for both adults and children of catechetical age in collaboration with staff and a team of volunteers. This is a full-time (40 hours) position, with some nights and evenings required.
• Supervises the Formation Team in setting program goals, executing and supporting programming for formation and sacramental preparation.
• Ensures that parish catechetical formation programs are consistent with The Catechism of the Catholic Church, The Directory for Catechesis, diocesan guidelines, and evaluates available formation materials for all programs.
• Responsible for coordinating parish-wide adult formation programs employing current strategies for successful adult education.
• Coordinates the year-round RCIA process and, in conjunction with the Director of Liturgy and Music, its liturgical rites.
• Manages the formation budget and the overall departmental programming in collaboration with the formation team.
• Coordinates and facilitates training and evaluation for volunteers in formation programs.
• Oversees the administrative staff who organize and complete functions such as the maintenance of sacramental records, program registration, communication, program evaluation, and Safe Environment compliance.
Required Education and Experience:
· Active, fully initiated, practicing Catholic in good standing
· A Master degree in theology, pastoral studies, religious education, or a related field
· A minimum of five years in a parish or diocesan faith formation position or commensurate position
· A minimum of three years experience in a supervisory position
· Strong knowledge of the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults and experience in implementing a year-round adult and children of catechetical age initiation process
· Knowledge and experience of effective adult faith formation with a demonstration of best practices
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
St. Francis of Assisi has an immediate opening for a Director of Pastoral Care. We are seeking a caring and compassionate individual to oversee volunteer ministries dedicated to the physical and spiritual care of our parish community. The director supervises and collaborates with a team in establishing goals and implementing programs in pastoral support and care to our parishioners.
The successful applicant will be a Catholic in good standing and have a 4-year degree in Religious Studies, sociology, pastoral ministry or a related field. Two years of supervisory experience is required along with skills in handling situations with compassion and mercy, having difficult conversations with those who are in crisis or mourning, and using excellent listening skills while encouraging and connecting others to God’s love. The director collaborates with the leadership team in building on the parish’s longstanding history of bringing baptismal and ministerial priesthood together in the collaborative vision of Vatican II.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Coordinator of Liturgy and Sacraments collaborates with the Director of Liturgy and Music in effecting the liturgical life of the parish through a post-conciliar lens. This position recruits, forms, manages, and evaluates volunteers and structures in service to all parish liturgies and the Christian life.
Other essential duties:
1. Leads and participates in the preparation, coordination, and execution of major/special liturgies.
2. Oversees the formation process for the Sacrament of Matrimony and Infant baptism.
3. Present at most weekend liturgies each week, including major liturgical rituals (i.e. Baptism, Rites of the Initiation, Holy Week, Triduum, etc.)
Education, Experience and Skills (required):
1. Active, fully initiated, practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church
2. Four year degree, preferably in Theology, Religious Studies, Pastoral Ministry or related field
3. Coursework in liturgy and/or a minimum of 2 years coordinating parish liturgical life
4. Knowledge of Roman Catholic liturgical principles in accordance with Sacrosanctum Concilium and post-conciliar documents
5. Vision and passion for Roman Catholic liturgy with a commitment to full, active, and conscious participation
6. Excellent organizational and communication skills
7. Ability to work with a wide variety of people and skill levels
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and qualified Coordinator of Middle School Formation. This position is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of our middle school ministry program/curriculum, including small group-based formation events and service and learning opportunities. The position also coordinates, implements, and leads Mercy Camp each summer utilizing key stakeholders. In addition, this person will recruit and train the Middle School Youth Ministry Core Team (adult volunteers) in planning and executing ministry sessions, fellowship events, and service opportunities.
- Active, fully initiated, practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.
- Dedicated to collaborative ministry and the advancement of a vision of the Church as promoted by the Second Vatican Council.
- Strong relational, communication, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Basic/Advanced catechist certification (or willing to complete within 2 years).
- Minimum level of Education: Bachelor’s degree in theology or related field.
- Minimum amount of Work Experience:
- Years of related work experience: 2 or more years preferred
- 1-3 years of demonstrated leadership experience with middle school ministry, youth ministry, and/or religious education
- Experience in educational setting and/or parish setting.
- Experience in motivating and mobilizing volunteers.
- Experience in basic data management, project planning, and time management.
- Ability to work collaboratively and creatively with others in a vibrant and active parish.
- Ability to interpret ministry budgets.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This administrative assistant position supports our Formation team in the areas of communications, finance, database maintenance, and event support. This a full-time position (40 hours), with some evening and weekends required.
Required skills and ability:
· Ability to handle multiple task in an effective and efficient manner
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Excellent computer skills in MS Office, desktop publishing, database management, and other communications processes.
· Ability to work independently and has initiative when completing tasks
· Strong written communication skills and attention to details.
· Ability to present information to and respond to questions from individuals using superior customer service skills
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office and desktop publishing
· Maintain a high level of confidentiality
· Experience working in a ministerial setting
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com