The annual celebration of Catholic Schools Week begins on January 26th across the United States. In Raleigh, we are fortunate to have an excellent Catholic school right here in our community. The Franciscan School provides families with a fully-accredited Catholic-school education. As recipients of the 2011 Blue Ribbon Award, our faculty and staff take pride in positioning your child to achieve in and outside of the classroom.
Our long-standing reputation in academic achievement, coupled with our faith-filled student-life, set us apart as one of the largest private schools for grades K-8 in Raleigh, North Carolina, and throughout the United States.
About The Franciscan School
At The Franciscan School, we focus on the needs of the individual child. Through small class sizes, diverse group instruction, cooperative learning, and hands-on activities, we prepare our students to succeed academically and solve real-world community problems.
Our students stand on a 20-year history of education and Catholic values, but they go on to create legacies in their own right. They are becoming reflections of our patron, offering hope, and serving others through Christ.
Faith, Academics, and Service
Students learn to live The Franciscan mission through regular service projects and community involvement. Thus far this school year, our students have had the opportunity to support 30 families with food for the holiday and fundraise for a local youth nonprofit, Our Children’s Place.
“Steeped in–Catholic and Franciscan traditions, we partner with our parents to assure that we send confident, academically prepared students out into the world ready for its challenges and always equipped to serve those in need as the hands and feet of Christ on Earth!” Says Michael Watson, Principal at The Franciscan School.
Why the Franciscan School this Catholic Schools Week?
So what makes TFS a top pick amongst area families? While our students have access to high-tech educational tools and challenging curriculum, our families gain so much more. Below are a few features that our students and parents highlight as the reasons that they love The Franciscan School.
- Technology is seamlessly integrated into student coursework. Students have access to iPad, laptops, and SMART boards in the classrooms and Media Center.
- Academic support programs keep students on track. We have speech and language therapy services, as well as learning specialists who are available to help students who are struggling to remain in good academic standing.
- Tuition assistance is available for families in need. Families who have a change in household income or other circumstances may be eligible to receive financial aid.
- The Bridges After and Before Care Program is perfect for working parents. We offer morning care from 7:00–7:40 AM and an afterschool program from 2:40–6:00 PM.
- Everything at The Franciscan School centers in worship. Students gather each morning in prayer, as well as weekly in a celebration of the Eucharist. The entire school also participates in Gospel Share.
Gain The Franciscan School Experience
During this year’s Catholic Schools Week, learn why The Franciscan School is one of the top Catholic schools in Raleigh, NC, at our upcoming open house. Click here to join us on Sunday, January 26th, at 12:30 PM.